Last modified: April 20th, 2017
At Summonry Labs, LLC (“SUMMONRY”, “us” or “we”) we recognize and respect your
Service and other SUMMONRY applications (the “Apps”) . If you have any
questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information does SUMMONRY collect?SUMMONRY collects information to provide better service to all of our users. This enables us to help you make better informed choices in the use of applications or to highlight network issues to your serving network operator which in turn would benefit the community in which you live.
When you sign up for or use our Apps we may ask you to provide certain information. For example, we may ask you to provide personally identifying information – information that personally identifies you or can be used to directly contact you – such as your name, e-mail address or phone number. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication and contact information. When you use the Apps, you choose to route all of the online traffic through, or to, our software in your device. As a result, we receive information regarding you, your online activities, and your device or browser when you use the Apps. For example, we may receive:
- Information about your device, including the type of device, its operating system, the mobile carrier or network, IP address, battery information, GPS or other general location information, and device identifiers. When you download the Apps, you may permit us to access data on or about your device, including permissions obtained through our Apps or your device (e.g. Google Play on Android). If you do not allow such permissions, you may not be able to use all or part of the functionality of the Apps. Information about your mobile applications and data usage, including the applications installed on your device, your use of those applications, the websites you visit, and the amount of data you use.
- Dates and durations of the applications and websites you visit Log information and other data from your device, such as webpage addresses and data fields. The date, time and duration of phone calls, but not details on the phone numbers you call or receive calls from The battery and network performance of your device, including signal quality readings and information on failed calls
- Information about you, including personally identifying information.
- Provide the Apps, such as by optimizing data traffic to reduce your mobile data usage and extend your battery life, monitoring active apps on your device, monitoring network quality, and encrypting data traffic;
- Communicate with you, including about SUMMONRY or third party products, services, and events; respond when you communicate with us; and send you information you request or that we think might interest you, such as App updates;
- Analyze how you use applications and data. For example, we may combine the information, including personally identifying information, that you provide through your use of the Apps with information about you we receive from third parties for business, analytic, advertising, and other purposes;
- Provide market analytics and other services to third parties;
- Maintain, improve or administer our Apps; perform business analyses; provide advertising and related activities either independently or in connection with our Affiliates; or otherwise support our internal operations by activities such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and research;
- Enforce our Terms of Service; prevent unlawful activities and misuse of the Apps; protect the legal rights, property, safety, and security of SUMMONRY, our Affiliates, and our users; and resolve disputes involving you relating to the Apps; and
- Comply with applicable laws and assist law enforcement when we have a good-faith belief that such cooperation is reasonably necessary or meets the applicable legal standards.
Some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform and may not apply to the Apps, so we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
Sharing Anonymized InformationWe may share, sell, transmit, or otherwise make available to third parties information that does not include personally identifying information, or for which we have taken reasonable steps to remove all personally identifying information (“Anonymized Information”), without restriction. Anonymized Information may provide insights into trends in mobile, app, online, and advertising activities.
Affiliates. We may share (or receive) information, including personally identifying information, with (or from) our Affiliates (as defined above) to help provide, understand, and improve our Apps (such as by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ services (including by providing you with a better and more personalized experience). For example, if you have an account with an Affiliate, that Affiliate may combine personally identifying information that it receives from Open Channel with information that it maintains about you, for a variety of business, operational, and advertising purposes.
Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Apps. We may access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, with third parties when we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We may also share such information if we believe that you have abused your rights to use the Apps or violated an applicable law, or in connection with any dispute between you and us with respect to the Apps.
In Response to a Legal Request. We may also access, use, preserve, and share your information, including your personally identifying information, in response to a legal request if we believe in good faith that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, applies to users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, government investigation, investigation concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm
In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may disclose and transfer your personally identifying information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Other Disclosures. We also may disclose personally identifying information as described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Our Apps may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these sections will be public and may be read, collected, and used by anyone who access them and are not under the control of SUMMONRY. Please review the applicable terms and privacy policies for such websites them.
Opt OutIf we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails regarding your transactions or updates to our policies.
Data RetentionThe metrics gathered by the Apps are held in a secure temporary location on the device in an encrypted form that cannot be read without specifically designed tools and is never in human readable format. The length of time this information is held on the device before upload is based on the frequency of uploads (typically less than 24 hours) In uploading the data to SUMMONRY servers, the mobile device will use a secure encrypted channel to the network server and transmit the information from the device to the SUMMONRY server.
If you stop using the Apps, you can request that we remove the personally identifying information that we collected from you through the Apps by contacting us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to reject requests that would require and unreasonable technical effort or are unnecessarily repetitive. We will not delete information that we believe is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements.
Users of the Apps may review or modify their personal information collected and stored by SUMMONRY through their use of the Apps by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Please note that in the course of providing the Apps we collect and maintain Anonymized Information, which we may retain indefinitely.